Stress and anxiety take us out of the present moment and into our illusory ideas about how the future will turn out for us. What if there was a different way to be in the world? Many of us are slowly waking up to the realization that we have cultivated frenetic and busy lives which keep us in constant motion from the moment we wake up until we collapse into bed, exhausted and depleted at the end of the day. Our bodies run on automatic pilot while our minds are busy processing an endless stream of to-do lists, anxious thoughts or strategizing an escape plan! We have increasingly placed more value on doing and in the process have forgotten the value of simply being.
Research has shown that practicing mindfulness meditation for even as little as five minutes a day can reduce stress, physical tension, pain and emotional reactivity while enhancing your sense of wellbeing. In our Cultivating Inner Stillness in a Chaotic World retreat you will have the opportunity to practice a variety of mindfulness and meditation techniques to attune to a more present-centered life including breath awareness, movement meditation, deep listening practices and sound healing. Through strengthening our internal awareness, our personal and professional lives can flourish with more resilience, less stress and increased happiness.
Cultivating Inner Stillness in a Chaotic World is offered in a retreat setting away from the distractions of everyday life, varying in length between three and eight days. You will drop into a retreat rhythm of guided meditation practices, experiential exercises, healthy meals and deepening relaxation while being in the supportive environment. All of our retreats allow for time for rest, reflection and time in nature. Whether this is new to you or you are coming to deepen your practice this retreat offers something for everyone.
This highly experiential course will enable you to integrate mindfulness practices immediately into your work as well as your personal life. Whether you are a seasoned practitioner or a beginner, all are welcome! In this course, you will:
- Increase your capacity to meet difficulties, stress, chronic pain, grief and anxiety with attention, compassion and authenticity
- Learn specific mindfulness-based practices that you can incorporate into your daily life and professional practice
- Become more present and in-tune with your clients, co-workers, employers, friends and family by paying attention to verbal and non-verbal cues
- Learn about the most current research that supports mindfulness
- Increase your objectivity, flexibility, concentration and emotional and mental clarity
- Identify the physiological changes of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system that occur during the stress response and how breathwork and mindfulness practice can lower stress response, reactivity and pain
- Incorporate effective communication strategies using mindfulness-based communication approaches
None currently scheduled
A non-refundable deposit holds your space. Price varies on location and accommodation choice.
Continuing education hours
NCBMTB Approved 16-21 CE hours
No prior meditation experience is necessary. All are welcome!
- Dec 29 @ 9:00 am - Dec 30 @ 6:00 pm